Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all :thumb: Great forum, I do a lot of lurking, lol.

I just had to post a couple pictures of the veil tail lutino I just got at the lfs. Very lively guy/gal :D About 6 inches long including fins. Maybe 4 without?

·
Registered
155 Posts
very nice looking o. i'm not sure what the official meaning of lutino is, as a have read different interpretations on this site, but i believe that is actually a true albino tiger oscar. someone please correct me if i'm wrong :lol:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, One thing I wonder, I've noticed this on other full grown oscars; the tail if you look close is 2 colors. One on top and one below, does anyone know what this signifies? I had thought it was an indication of age and only guess Flippers to be about 6-9 months old?

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Oscars are leucistic (also called lutino)- they are not true albinos, but are lacking most chromatophores. :)

The lower reddish color on the lower part of your oscar is common.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A few new photos. Flippers is just under 9 inches TL, lot of tail in that. I am guessing him to be maybe 9 months old?

Fin length shots

·
Registered
829 Posts
The new camera makes all the difference in the world. That's a good looking Oscar.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.