Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I have a few questions on this peacock.

I bought 5 yesterday(1M/4F). When I put them in the tank they were swimming around and appeared to be happy that was yesterday. When I woke up this morning they were just swimming on the bottom part of the tank. I just got this tank recently and let it cycle for 7 days(Fish in with bio conditioners). The readings are all good. No ammonia or nitrate. Is this because they are new to the tank, because I know mbuna do this.

Second question they are supposed to be a Flavescent so it should be yellow with blue and a little black,he is still coloring up and is new to this tank but it has turned a purplish color since I brought him home why is this?

NLS
AC70
38 Gallon( To themselves exp 1 zebra danio as they ate two last night leaving one)

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Did you test your water readings today? I am skeptical that the tank was cycled in 7 days especially if it's a new set up using 3 zebra danios to cycle. Even with established media, filters etc it typically takes longer than a week (up to 6 weeks or so from scratch) a to cycle a tank.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have tested it twice today, do API test strips go bad?

PS. 6 weeks *** always cycled my tanks in one with no losses except tetras etc. I used 1littel bottle of cycle and 1/2 a bottle of API bacteria. I have also used 4 cap fulls of seachem stabilizer.
But as you said I always use already cycled equipment.

Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
40,697 Posts
If the tank is cycled, you should have nitrate. It is nitrite and ammonia that should be zero.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.