Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what your thoughts are on feeding Flakes to oscars? Is crisps better? Whats your thoughts on this?

·
Registered
376 Posts
They don't like flakes for too long...now when I have a little one, I just start it out on the hikari mini pellet...and everyone I've had go absolutely nuts over them. It's a good pellet and it grows them fast :thumb:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh ok. Well tonight is the last of the crisps. I have the hikari cichlid staple pellets, those are good right?

·
Registered
126 Posts
well, There OK. But Hikari Cichlid gold or gold bio plus really bring colors out. More than any other pellet on the market. Cichlid staple was there first Cichlid pellet. They have had 4 out since then.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey i was researching through and found a food called Oscar Grow, and Oscar Show. Oscar grow is more for the smaller oscars. And the oscar show is for adult ones. Anyone try this or heard of it?

·
Registered
376 Posts
I haven't tried it, I'm interested to see how they like it. Mine really seem to favor Hikari cichlid gold the most so far. They don't like the stuff in the green bag.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Today i got the hikari medium size gold pellets. He really likes them, hope they color him up nicely, with good growth. Is this a good upgrade over the staple pellets?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Nick89 said:
Today i got the hikari medium size gold pellets. He really likes them, hope they color him up nicely, with good growth. Is this a good upgrade over the staple pellets?
Yes, mine colored up in ways I didn't expect

1 - 15 of 15 Posts