54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this will be mbuna group tank with one hap group in 125gallon

cynotilapia sp."hara"1male and 4 female
labidochromis sp."hongi" 1male and 4 female
metriaclima callainos 1 male 4 female
pseudotropheus sp. "acei" (ngara) 1 male 4 females
copadichromis borley(kadango) 1 male 3 female

well im gonna by 4 or 5 fish from each group and hope for these ratios..what do u all think of my stock list and numbers u think this can work? what im gonna do is come up with a hap list and a hap/peacock list and see what list i like best...but im like this mbuna list hear ..if u all think it can work

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
I wouldn't mix the hara and the callainos... I think the borleyi are going to get beat up. Nimbochromis species mix better with mbuna.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was looking at the Nimbochromis species but was thinking they where to big and nasty for the mbuna i picked ..... what would u change with the hara and callainos with ??

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
nwtwoTHEworld said:
what would u change with the hara and callainos with ??
Pick either Cyno hara or Met. callainos. If you had both, there is a strong chance they would fight and/or interbreed.

As a replacement species, you might consider Labeotropheus Fuelleborni or Trewavasae.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well the other guy is another lab but i all ready have one lab picked out dident think i can put another lab. but do u think Metriaclima estherae (Red) would fit in or is it to nasty for my other pics??? still lookin for a hap too fit into this list.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I haven't had any behavioral issues with my Met.Esterhae (RZ)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so are u saying Met.Esterhae will go with the hara, hongi, and acei ngara, and still trying to find a hap to go with this list

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
That, not so sure. I know it will work with Acei.

I assume it will be okay with the Hara (it better, I'm doing that as soon as my Hara get big enough).

·
Banned
2,109 Posts
Both, as the female hara's closely resemble callainos.
If they were of the "Pearl" strain would it make a difference?

·
Banned
2,109 Posts
Thought that may the case... And then the brawl would ensue, right?

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
More like cross breeding.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts