Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently on DAY 5 of a fishless cycle in a 75 gallon tank. No issues there. But, I read an article that stated you should use PRIME (or other relevant conditioner) daily until the tank is fully cycled.

I've done fishless cycles numerous times in the past... never used Prime or any other conditioner on a daily basis... only when adding tap water. So, I'm just wondering if adding Prime might help speed up the process a little, by detoxifying stuff that might slow down or hinder the nitrifying bacteria. Or, would adding Prime maybe slow down the cycle process?

·
Registered
690 Posts
You can add prime with no I'll effects on your cycle.

I'm currently doing a fishless cycle too.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would it be beneficial to add Prime daily until the tank is fully cycled? OR, would you say only when adding new water from the tap?

·
Registered
690 Posts
CharlesMTF said:
Would it be beneficial to add Prime daily until the tank is fully cycled? OR, would you say only when adding new water from the tap?
Only when adding new water to the tank from your tap. Chlorine and chloramine will kill the good bacteria we're trying to establish doing our fishless cycle.

·
Registered
690 Posts
No problem...good luck with your cycle!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've seen some people state to add it when cycling with fish as it can help detoxify ammonia. It won't hurt adding but you won't need it as others stated. I had great success with the bottles bacteria products.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.