Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a large male Copadichromis azureus who is one of the dominate males in my tank. There is a constant battle for territory and he is always lip locking with other males. In the process it looks like he may have injured himself. His upper lip is now pulled forward. My question is should I let it be heal on its own? Should I try to catch him and push it forward? My concern is that if a let it be it will heal like that permanently and it looks rather bizarre and he may have trouble eating for the rest of his life. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Do you mean his lip is stuck in an extended position? Those usually pop back in after a day or two. It happens to some fish without fighting, and generally doesn't prevent them from eating.

Keep an eye on it for signs of redness or swelling- an infection would be the biggest problem that could prevent healing.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
triscuit said:
Do you mean his lip is stuck in an extended position? Those usually pop back in after a day or two. It happens to some fish without fighting, and generally doesn't prevent them from eating.
Yes this is exactly what I mean. He does still eat. I will keep my eye on it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts