Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He was perfectly fine like the other fish. All of a sudden next day I noticed his neck/upper body is crooked. He is a baby and I feel bad for the little guy. I noticed when he was being chased by bigger fish he would sometimes crash head first on the glass, I dont know if that has to anything to do with it. But what can I do to help him. Will he stay like this forever or is it maybe a disease. Before he would often swim up but now he is almost always very low hovering on top of the gravel but he can still swim with the other fish when he wants but definitely doesnt move the as well as before.

·
Registered
7,008 Posts
Hi

is the fish eating?
Does it have any kind of growth on it?
How long have you had this particular fish?

From your description is sounds like an injury--it was swimming normally and looking normal one day and then hanging at the bottom and it's body crooked the next day--is that right?

There is one disease, Neon Tetra Disease and False Neon Tetra Disease in which one of the symptoms is the spine becomes crooked, but I think, not sure, that there are other symptoms that lead up to that. Do a search on it and see what you come up with. The concern with that disease is that it is hard to treat and it is very contagious. So do the search and see if any of the pictures/descriptions match up to what you're seeing with your fish.

Robin

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea the fish is still eating normal.
No growth on it.
*** had him for 2 weeks.

He still looks the same. I think it was an injury it doesn't seem to get any better. Maybe he miraculously uncrooks one day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts