Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am tring to see if anybody knows anyone/store/sponser/etc.. IN which its a good deal on prices for fish tanks. Looking for some 30 gal and 55 gal and then my main one will hopefully be 75g but I am not seeing to many places other then pet store and thats like 800 bucks for not to much of a tank. I am tring to stay away from used as well. I live in a town where no real fish stores are.. about an hour away is petsmart and petco.

G

·
craigslist.. i bought a number of tanks from there... people cant give the tanks away so you can bargain them down quite lower than they wanted originally.. you'll see posts and then a week later they post again... seriously *** gotten some really sweet deals on decent tanks with filters, heaters, decorations... buying a new tank is silly in my opinion....that is if you dont mind driving a little bit to get them...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont mind driving. **** Id drive some hours if they had sweet cichlid fish stores and worth it(same for tanks). But I am one that loves to make sure sure my tanks are nice. I want a very good tank with some very beautiful fish. And buying used can often make the edges look old and also the big thing would be the sealing on it and scratches. I had few good size tanks before and they leaked after few years. Had to re home many fish and deco and rock and **** load water. Just to reseal... and I dont want to do that again lol(rather buy new)

G

·
*** bought 3 tanks all used from craigslist... havent had a problem with any of them.. one i got super cheap 75 gallon for 80 bucks with stand and everything included cuz the bottom of the stand was a little damaged i knocked out the worn/moldy particle board cut a new piece of wood and banged it in.. problem solved.... people get out of the hobby and jus want the tanks out of their garages... seriously its worth a try... u got nothing to lose... buying new is like throwing money out the window...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I got few good deals that I see on fish tanks. I really just need the tank itself. Ill do all my stands and etc in the other section of forums to show results. Just looking for some good places/deals/discounts sites or stores. Just sucks cause around here fish stores don't stay long with lack of people in the hobby and economy.

G

·
where the heck do you live? i cant even get service in petstores around here... u gota stand there for 10 minutes till someone helps you

·
Registered
249 Posts
Register to get emails from Petco and Petsmart. Petsmart will send you coupons and Petco has had $1 a gallon sales twice in the last 6-8 months.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Now that you mention that deal at petco/petsmart. I remember it now. The one where its 1 dollar per gallon. But I think they only went up to certain size if memory serves me right (been while). And also I remember most of the times I did go when I had smaller tanks. They were always sold out/out of stock/not enough for people. Heck I even remember them not having any tanks at all(a lot of people mad that day).

·
Registered
249 Posts
Petco's sale was for tanks up to 55 gallons. The first time I went there they were out of the size I wanted, but the manager said he woud sell me one at the sale price when they came in. I went back about a week later and picked up a 40 breeder tank for $40. I even used a $10 coupon from Petsmart so my final cost was $30+tax. Not a bad deal at all.

Jman

·
Registered
377 Posts
if your patient you can find tanks on freecycle from time to time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts