Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my female Yellow Labs is often laying on the bottom as if she's sleeping. She acts hungry and eats well. I'm guessing they're aggressive at night and end up sleeping during the day. I've seen this off and on before but with the males before I removed the extras. The Male / female ratio is now 1M :4F. Tank mates are 7 Acei, 5 Peacocks and 5 Deep water haps. Otherwise maybe it's something with the food. I'm feeding a mixture of Northfin Vegie and Northfin Cichlid formula. Lights are on 10 hrs per day on a timer, and there is no natural light in the room.

Water Parameters are 0,0,10 PH 8.2 KH 12 GH 18 with weekly 50% water changes.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had one Hap suddenly with a very concave belly just after posting this. I medicated the food with Metro for a week. Everyone seems fine after. The Yellow Lab who was laying on the bottom kept doing that, but ended up spawning and she's been holding for 15 days. Haven't seen her on the bottom since about 10 days or so. Seems to be going in the right direction :thumb:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.