Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 7 Neolamprologus Brichardi in my 125g tank and one of them yesterday started staying near the bottom at the front of the tank (only during the daytime, though). I'm not sure whether I should worried about this or not. The other fish are not attacking her, if anything they seem concerned and one even wiggled next to her (I think it's a female, due to it's shorter Lyre tail fins) so I'm thinking she's either sick or maybe pregnant? Although, it seems still a little young (about 2" long nose to tail) to be pregnant, as you can see from the pictures? One thing I think is interesting, though, is that it's chosen to site right in front of my Sponge Bob characters, out of all the places in the tank it could rest ...

BTW ... my water parameters are OK and my other fish are fine (at least for now). Also, I change 20% of the water twice a week, so I don't think that's the problem, but I may be wrong.

Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
55 Posts
If your fish is still eating and breathing rhythmically and effortlessly I wouldn't be to worried. Keep an eyes on her you might have some one running her around whenever your not there to see it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts