Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the 500th time, I've finally decided on a tank setup centered around White Tops and Msobos(magunga deep). I'm wanting to put a 3rd species in, but just not sure what I'd like to add, and yellow labs isn't one of them ;)

That said, I'm going to be ordering the fish via online and having them shipped. They'll be 1-2" so they'll be growing in the 55g that theya re being placed in to. My question should I order more, and if so how many more, then I plan to keep so that I can move around extra males so I can get a decent m/f ratio. I'd like to end with 8 of each fish with a total of 24 fish in the tank, once they have grown.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Are you wanting 2 M. - 6 F. per species? I think I'd order a few extra of each species unless you can request the sex you want. With shipping being so high, I wouldn't want to have to reorder any more times than necessary.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, that's a basic ratio of what I'd like to get them down to as they grow. How many more would be wise to order though, was my biggest concern. 2-3 more per species?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea, I've used that chart but my goal was a 1/4 ratio and 7 fish only gives a 49% chance of getting that ratio. 10 fish isn't 90%, but it's better than 7. I was hoping someone might have a deeper chart or something of that sort.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts