Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, i am new to the forum and new to cichlids, i have had other fish but i am going to try and get in to this.

I have i believe 3 or 4 types of fish, i acquired a tank and about 13 fish.

Ok fishes:

1: yellow fish about 5 inches long, black sail fin and some have a prominent black line underneath some just have small black markings.
2: grey fish striped, stripes running vertically and the stripe is just a different shade of grey, bordering on blue.
3: most interesting 2 fishes, both black, about 5 inches long one has red hints, slightly red sail, not striking red but a red hint, its friend is also black but this one has yellow hints, a single yellow stripe running from top to bottom, in a C shape.

I have attached some pics but it is difficult to get them to pose!

any help appreciated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

in the first pic you can see the yellow fish in the background, this particular fish has no tail, i believbe it was eaten when it was a fry

second fish is one of the stripey ones.

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
Hi Steve, and welcome to the forum. I moved your thread to where you may get more help.

The first two are tropheus, but couldn't say which variants. No idea on the last two.

·
Registered
12 Posts
the tropheus are from lake tanganyika
the third picture would be yellow lab (labidochromis caeruleus) from lake malawi and the last i think is a sp 44 which is fromm lake victoria

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that is a mixture! are they all ok in the same tank? is there any way to determine the sex of these fish? i am very very novice, i have been reading about mbuna and non mbuna, which are mine?

I would really like to breed these fish, i hsve a spare tank set up ready.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i have about 8 golden ones, 2 blck ones and 2 grey ones. the tank is 260 ltr juwell vision, no3 level is really high, ph level is a bit low, i am working on this with small daily water changes, 3 buckets a day.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
He is a very friendly fish and probably the biggest in the tank, always stays very close to the surface waiting for food. doesnt like to mix with any of the other fish.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts