Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, Im new to african cichlid keeping, and after setting up my tank and filling it with a couple of fry and an adult, i was wanting to have a mating pair or trio of electric yellow, problem is i really don't want to wait the couple of months for my fry to be mature. So the question I am asking is about how much would a mature couple or trio (one male 2 females) of electric yellows cost? I have a friend that has some that have bred, and I want to make him a reasonable offer

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
You don't see that many full-grown ones in lfs. When you do they're often asking rather silly prices (like $25 each - and I've seen higher).

My question to you is, what's reasonable between friends? If you were my friend and I was willing to part with the fish for you they'd either be a gift or I might ask you for the cost of a decent sized container of fish food. Ask your friend what they would like for them and see?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Afishionado said:
You don't see that many full-grown ones in lfs. When you do they're often asking rather silly prices (like $25 each - and I've seen higher).

My question to you is, what's reasonable between friends? If you were my friend and I was willing to part with the fish for you they'd either be a gift or I might ask you for the cost of a decent sized container of fish food. Ask your friend what they would like for them and see?
Well we are not the closest of friends but we are pretty tight, My birthday is coming up soon so maybe i can swing by with that and a couple of dollars, i have bought fry from them before, 5 electric yellows for 3 dollars and they said if i wanted more to just ask, maybe i can buy the parents (they have LOTS of fish) 1 125, 2 55, 1 30, and 2 10s all stocked with fry or african cichlids

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.