Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think i have once again a fish that is holding dont know for defo yet but i think it is. In the last few weeks i have lost 2 fish, they both looked like they had been through the wars a bit, the day or so before i found them dead. Could this be because of there being 4 fish of the same type that the more agresive fish killed them ? Thats how it looks from what i have seen. Warter is fine and i have 11 over fish that are all in very good condition . Plus i also have 8 fry growing very well in a holding net . Which are from the last fish that was holding few more weeks and they will be let out with the rest . The two out of the four that are left in the tank have changed a lot in colour become a lot more bright . any ideas Many thanks Gary

·
Registered
52 Posts
What is your size of you tank?

What are the fish you have in there?

It does sounds like it may be aggression due to mating. Do you know the which are males and females and what their ratio is?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tank size is 48"x 18"x18" the fish are lake malawi and i think i have 7 females to 4 males but one of them could still be a male its two young to tell not showing any signs of being a male yet its a little smaller than the rest
Out of the total 11 i have left 4 looked like this

I now have this one and one just like it that i think is holding eggs the 2 others which are now dead looked just the same as this pic but a little smaller they has been a bit of pushing and pulling (mouth to mouth) from the 2 bigger fish, but i did not think they would kill each other . :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.