Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 of my texas have already died due to these same symptoms none of my other fish show these symptoms. my texas is breathing really hard and bumping into stuff i have two airstones in my 100 and i put him in my 55 with one airstones and just seems like hes getting worse please help Please!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Air stones? Do you have regular filters too? Have you tested your water for ammonia and nitrite?

No matter what the issue is, a large water change (50%, with added dechlorinator) will likely help.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I have all that well a canister filter with a dechlorinator bag in it and an ammonia remover and I just did a 10% water change and my other fish act fine and since the other 2 died I've did an 80% water change. I'm pretty sure the dechlorinator I think is supposed to remove nitrite so I don't know what to do don't have any test strips so I'm gonna try to do a 50% water change and get some test strips tomorrow

·
Registered
453 Posts
these are classic signs of ammonia/nitrite poisoning. Don't reply on a dechlorinator to get rid of ammonia or nitrite - you need to do water changes. Lots of big water changes to get the concentrations of these down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.