Cichlid Fish Forum banner

fish bought on the internet in england

894 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  DNK 
#1 ·
hi i am in the middle of stocking my tank and wondered if there is anyone who has bought fish from suppliers on the net,i would like to see the fish really but i would have to travel about 120 mile round trip to find any red colour peacocks its ridiculous around here and with petrol at £1-20 a litre i may as well pay for postage,but what will i get,will i get in a bag of 8 fish 7 females any input would be good thanks

#2 ·
Anytime you purchase fish online you will want to look for reviews of the retailers and contact the retailer directly. Find out what they will send you and what they guarantee in regards to shipping (replacement, credit, etc). It really depends on what you are buying. Unsexed fry/juveniles could arrive in any sex ratio from all males to all females. If you are buying adult fish then retailers will typically sell them as pairs, trios, or males only. Unfortunately, we do not have many resources for our Europeans users, so I would check with more Eurocentric sites.

Reviews or recommendations for retailers is not permitted in the forums, so please let's keep those types of responses to PMs only.

#4 ·
There are a couple of good cichlid forums that are UK based (I still prefer this place though.)
In their "For Sale" sections there are loads of regular posters selling their fish and are prepared to post. ALOT cheaper than buying from shops via post as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.