Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So basically all my fish are pretty much done for. I had a total of 5 fish. 1 Pleco and 4 Malawi Cichlids. One of the cichlids, the smallest one, an albino, died one morning i woke up, so i quickly took it out of the tank. Now the other 3 cichlids started scratching on the gravel. So after some research I’d guess it was a parasite. So i started treating with Rid Ich + about 4 days ago with 15ml because my tank is a 30 gallon. Now i didn’t know if it was ich because the fish didn’t have white spots on them but the Rid Ich + said it also treats other parasites so I’ve been using it. Now, day 4 the electric yellow is dead, the elec blu is just sitting in one spot, the purplish one is swimming into things and swimming sideways and my pleco is sitting at the bottom barely sucking and his eyes are all white. Now at first none of them had white on them. Now, one has white spots on his front fins, and something white hanging off of his eye, the plecos eyes are all white and when the electric yellow died, its whole body looked whiteish and its eyes were all white. Any ideas, because frankly i just got into this habit and I’m already turned off from it because of all the hard work i put into the tank and now 1.5 months later all my fish are pretty much dead.

·
Super Moderator
40,491 Posts
Can you post a pic of your fish?

And also please post test results for pH, ammonia, nitrite and nitrate?

That will help us, thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well i think the Rid Ich + might have dropped my PH to a dangerously low level because i checked my PH the day before i used the Rid Ich and it was at its normal 7.8-8.0 range and now it was at like 6.0, so now im down to the last 2, largest cichlids. I raised the PH and its atleast at about 7.4, and the last 2 fish look better so im going to leave the PH there and raise it slightly more tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
40,491 Posts
Be careful to change your pH only 0.2 at a time (like maybe per day) so you don't shock your fish.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The only reason i can think the PH being so low is that i use API BufferMax to keep the PH correct and its a powder, and maybe it got sucked up during my weekly 25% water changes?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts