Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure she has not been eating for three days.Havn't had enough time to spend to see if there is babies or fry.How long will this process take?The fish is an ice blue.thanks for any replys.I need to know because theres no way fry will last in this tank of bullys

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
About a month. Is there a bulge on her "throat"? That's a surefire sign.

The fry might survive if you put a pile of smaller rocks in there. Don't be so sure.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so she won't eat for a month?Her gills are just starting to buldge.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Just let her hold for about 3 weeks, 18-21 days.
If you want the fry to survive, best thing to do is buy a small 2 foot tank. If not then just let mum spit in the tank. She may hold for up to 4 weeks sometimes even longer. 1 or 2 might even make it out alive.
Congrats and good luck :thumb:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have put her in her own tank now.The male kept chasing her around alot.She seems to be ok in the 10 gall by herself

·
Super Moderator
40,523 Posts
Not really. Just be sure the tank is cycled, she has a filter and a heater. Plus some hiding places.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
WOW.Over 30 fry!!The mother is only 2.75".I've taken her from the 10 gal and put her back in the main tank.She spit the fry last night on her own.I'll have some nice greshakei avalible soon.thanks for all the info guys.

·
Super Moderator
40,523 Posts
Congrats...fry are the best!

·
Registered
847 Posts
Congrats gambler! :thumb:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.