Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We now have a batch of 35-40 Acei fry for the first time. They are growing quickly in a ten gallon. The parents are in the first picture and the some of the fry on the bottom. :dancing:

[/img]

·
Registered
847 Posts
Congrats! :thumb:

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Congrats...nice BIG bunch of fry for a first batch :thumb: Nice looking parents & great pics too. What's that pretty fish with the red head in the first pic?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pundamilia nyererei (Python Is.) I am purchased it as a Hap. Nyererei at the lfs .The Python Is. is a guess on my part based on profile pictures. He is a beautiful fish that changes colors and displays all the time.

·
Registered
721 Posts
....congrats on the fry.......I "thot" that center fish w/ the red was a Lake Vic. Cich. ... seemed like a type I have. (Pundamilla Nyereri..ruti island)...your Python Is. has some nice colors also!!.. 8)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am not sure about python Island really, just a guess. I am sure it is the most common type of
Pundamilia nyererei sold at local fish stores. All I know it that it is a Victorian and a male, based on the coloring and aggressive displays, but even the male part is a guess. Maybe I will try to get some better pics and place in the unidentified section for a better classification.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I haven't seen any Python Is. Nyereri at any LFS.....yet.....perhaps will locate one later. If it's the more common type sold in LFS...it "might" be a Pundamillla Nyereri (Ruti Island) Either way-yours will add some interesting color in the tank and attitude...any female of that species in the tank as well..?? 8)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No female Pundamilia nyererei. I have been in contact with a local breeder and would like to add some females. It is my favorite fish so far, the color is amazing and general attitude. He is always front and center of the tank. Here is a picture from about 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
:eek: It sure is a pretty fish! You say it has plenty of attitude. What about aggression? Is it mean or do you think it will get mean?

I think I'd have to get some females for him lol. What are his tank mates? Sorry about getting off onto this fish when the thread is suppose to be about your acei fry :oops: lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts