Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My firemouths are building a nest and I have no idea what to do or not to do. Its a very small track with too many fish but they seem to do well. Its a 29 gallon with two firemouths and two other american cichlids and some glass catfish and tetras. They have dug it out and look like they are starting to lay eggs... Can I still do water changes? what should I do to try to save the babies? Any info would be great.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
What are the other two cichlids? Pairs can very mean. Fm have a temper imo as it is. I would watch closely in the 30" tank. Just feed them well and remove bottom feeders if you have any. Wc can be still be done but try to do them in smaller more frequent patterns. Instead of 30% once a week go with 10% every other day or so.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they haven't picked on other too much. The others already know to stay away and are very well. Why do I need to tak[/quote]e away my pleco?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.