Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finally got them. took my lfs guy 2 months to get them for me. I think he got tired of me bothering him. they are quite cute and fun to watch. also extremely fearless my yellows labs didnt 'chase' them but tried to crowd them out of 'their' rocks. they merely stood their ground and even did a bit of chasing of their own.

its also funny how the biggest one claimed the smallest shell and the smallest claimed the biggest shell.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
little update:
they have been doing great and now that im almost done with the tank stand they will be getting their own tank soon. this will also let me split up my plecos until im ready for them to breed

i got a great surprise this morning with them too. i got home this morning and couldnt find one of them (sometimes they sleep in the rocks). but it turns out two of them paired up and now share a shell. i thought their behavior was funny before now its comical. the way he guards her and the shell is amazing. he goes as far as to usher her in if he doesnt like something near by. the yellows wont even go near the shell now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts