Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a modular setup, 3 piece, Installed in an already established tank. Required no silicon.. I just had to trim it a tad to fit up under the tank braces.. Fit is really nice.. and it was just about dead on with my rock setup.. :thumb:

BEFORE

AFTER

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Wow!!!! :eek: Very nice!!!!! :thumb:
I really works well with the blue lights that you just put in the tank. It also makes your fish pop and the original rocks match it perfectly.

How do you like it?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks :thumb: I love it, really adds depth to the tank.. Makes it seem very deep

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Cromak said:
Thanks :thumb: I love it, really adds depth to the tank.. Makes it seem very deep
You're welcome!
You're right, it definitely adds another dimension to the tank. The background and lighting really give it that deep water look.
Good job! :thumb:

·
Banned
2,109 Posts
cromak...

what type is it, aquaterra? Just curious because I am thinking of doing the same. In a established tank as well...

thanks-

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes sir, great quality you wont be dissapointed ... great pricing as well and he'll make one to fit for you.

·
Banned
2,109 Posts
Ok... Is that the "desert" one they make? Hard to tell with the blue prominence of the photo..

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No that one is called like canyon I think the number is called bg29

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Do they charge extra for making it too fit you specific tank dimensions?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, it depends on size but its not unreasonable.. you can email them and get a quote..

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
des said:
Thanks to you Cromak I just spent more money :drooling:

I can't wait to get my BG. :lol:
lol, you're welcome.. Did you get it from the same place i got mine? :thumb:

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That will look good.. Make sure you get yourself a hacksaw if you don't have one already. The saw's used to cut conduit that's used for electrical wire.. It works great to trim up your background and gives you a perfect , smooth cut..

I'm going to pickup another 10,000k light tomorrow and run two 10,000ks to see how it looks to really show off the color of the rocks and background.. Tone down that blue color, that way I have some options.. :thumb:

·
Registered
587 Posts
Lucky for me he has a 75 gallon that he's going to use and size it for me. He's going to have it perfectly cut 'ready out of the box' for me so I don't plan on doing any cutting (well hopefully not).

I can imagine hearing my wife scream at me already if I have to spend any more time around my fish tank.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ok, you may need to do some trimming. I had mine made for a 90 exactly and I still had to trim some to make it fit perfectly..

1 - 20 of 36 Posts