Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First...sorry about the dirty window. I always clean the tank in the weekend but they mated on thursday grrrrrr ;-)

Let's hope the eggs are fertilized this time. After 2 yrs still no fry from them :(

Greetings,
GeeJay

·
Registered
318 Posts
That is a stunning male and a great film. Thanks for sharing. I have Kabogo green furcifers (1m and 3f I think) but although they have made a nest the male is yet to get anywhere near the colour of your male and I've seen no spawning behaviour. Have you tried tumbling the eggs?

·
Registered
790 Posts
Very nice.....congrats

Ya try tumbling the eggs. I have breed a few different furcifers/foai and have found that the females hardly ever hold there eggs. I never wait to many spawns however to give them a chance to learn how to hold, I just strip my females.

Stunning male, do you have a full tank shot?
what size tank?

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Awesome! That male is a stunner!!!

Good luck on getting some fry.

Russ

·
Registered
790 Posts
Creepy85 said:
This is a Cyathopharynx FOAE not a furcifer....
It is a furcifer, not foai.
You can debate back and forth on this forever however since your just looking at how dark his is.

The foai from there tends to have more of a sibwesa look with that rusty color compared to the furcifers that have a ton of blue in them.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi all,

thx for those nice replies :)

First tell me the story about this male.

I started with 6 of them. 2 males and 4 females. atleast i though lol.
After they got colored I had 3 males and 3 females.
3 males is to much for a 200x60x60cm tank, so I gave 1 male away to a guy who needed one :)
The 2 males left builded both a huge crater. 1 @ each side and wasnt really happy bout it. But still i needed 2 males so they could compete to each other and show me their awesome colors ! :)
After 6 months 1 of my males died. Not sure why or how, it was all suddenly.
So 1 male and 3 females left.
I was all suprised that the male didnt loose his color. He just started compete with the Cyps. Chasing them so the females had a break from time to time. lol
As a lonely male he's awesome.
I tried to get some more but the breeder here in the Netherlands had just sold all of them and had to wait.

Btw...this is a Furcifer not a Foai.

I will try to make a nice full tank pic soon.

Oh and about tumbling eggs. I wont do that, I will do it like I do with the Cyps. Just let them go till they spit out the fry. After that I will catch the fry. (the strongest will survive)

Greetings,
GeeJay

1 - 18 of 18 Posts