Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup so Im officially done putting anything else in this god forsaken fish tank haha .. By the time Im finished I go away to school again in the Fall..So anyways some were asking for pics once fish were added so here are just a few..And so far the rock work hasent posed any problem..Im making sure to do excessive water changes. As for the fish I have about 9 different species ( I know i know Im not suppossed to do that but its IMPOSSIBLE for some one to get harassed here) As soon as a fish is chased he dissapears into a hole and will come out the back at the oppossite side of the tank haha. *** had the fish for about 2 months and I have 3 acei holding, 2 estherae holding, a redtop zebra and a demasoni all holding so Believe Im in for some trouble. Oh and every small dark hole you see in the rocks actually opens up to a decent size space once entered (some connected some not) Just the shadows make it difficult to see. The first pic is far right of the tank second is center and third is far left. Lemme know what u think.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
I think it's gorgeous but I told you that in the Your Tank comments lol. This is one of the very few heavily rock scaped tanks I really like. Love the plants too. What are the nine species you have in there? I bet they're happy fish :thumb: Also, what size tank is it?

·
Registered
105 Posts
g-day whowahhhh,

hey i hope your studying or going to get get a degree in art/design, you've got an eye for what is stunning.

congrats on your achievement......i love it!

regards chromedome :thumb:

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Looks great! I'm not usually into the tanks that are heavy on rocks, but this one looks amazing.

What size tank is it?

I'm also interested in hearing what the 9 species are...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its 125 gallons, And not art school, medical school aka give me all of your money for 8 years until you owe 200,000. And then I still spend a thousand on my fish infatuation haha. Okay so Im not going to lie I literally would stop at fish stores and buy the best looking of any kind of fish I could find (mbuna) over the past few months. Not the proper way to stock I know..But I just did an official tally on paper and I have 10 species consisting of the corresponding numbers (6)Demasoni, (6)Metriaclima estherae, (6)Labidochromis caeruleus, (2)Melanochromis auratus, (2)Pseudotropheus crabro, (4)Metriaclima pyrsonotos, (2)Pseudotropheus socolofi, (4) Pseudotropheus acei, (2) Tropheops red fin , (4) Labidochromis mbamba..Haha They remind me of the bad news bears hits the cichlid world..They are the strangest group of fish *** ever owned and they all get along aside from the occassional chase which instantly ends. I just have to figure out what to do with all the fry.. Im imagining part will survive without any sort of intervention.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I think you'll have a high survival rate in that tank with all those rocks, and I also suspect you might have quite a bit of crossbreeding going on once they all mature.

Very nice looking tank, and I'm impressed that it's as big as it is! I was expecting it to be smaller just due to the intricate layout of the rocks. :thumb:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Wow!! I absolutely love your tank!! More importantly I,m sure your fish do!!! Boy, that looks like it was quite time consuming stacking all those rocks. Thanks for sharing!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts