Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Start with more like 18-20 demasoni. Not sure how good rusty would look with that mix. Dont get me wrong i have a nice male rusty in my all male and like him but they can easily get lost in the mix (they dont have much pop). If it were my tank i would go albino socolofi for third but its not so...your choice :thumb: .

·
Registered
43 Posts
GaFishMan1181 said:
Start with more like 18-20 demasoni. Not sure how good rusty would look with that mix. Dont get me wrong i have a nice male rusty in my all male and like him but they can easily get lost in the mix (they dont have much pop). If it were my tank i would go albino socolofi for third but its not so...your choice :thumb: .
Socolofi are really nice fish to have but I don't think it would be a good idea putting them in the tank with the demasoni being that their both the same species. Just my opinion though...

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
gunsfan05, I think that will be a good mix.

Socolofi would be another viable alternative - they aren't closely related to Demasoni and shouldn't crossbreed with them with good m:f ratios. (The Psuedotropheus genus is not actually a related group of fishes, it's a holding place for all of the oddball mbuna that don't fit anywhere else)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so what about all four that have being mentioned demasoni yellow labs albino socolofi and rusties would yall see any issues with that group cuz i like the idea of four species but i just want to make sure it will work

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.