Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know they aren't the best pictures, and fish were kind of just hanging out at the bottom. I had just turned the lights on.

Just finished building the stand and canopy. No paint and no doors.

A few quick pics.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
New lighting will be here soon. Going with 4 36" T5's with 10k and antinic bulbs. I just have my old 48" T5's on there now. I also am going to lower the canopy about an inch. I don't like that I can see the water line. Also the pvc is being painted black, didn't have much of a choice on the overflows they were built in already. The rock is also going to need some work but the tank is so tall (36") that its hard to build stable formations three feet tall without making it look unaturall. The tallest rock in the middle just to the left is 17" tall and it looks tiny.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Very nice, some good looking haps in there :thumb: . I have the coralife with 2 65w 10000K and 2 65w actinic and im happy with the mix.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here are some pictures of just the fish...

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mokujin22 said:
Awesome tank.

The 265 that I am setting up is 7'x24"x30". Yours is 36" high? What are the other dims?
I wish I got your dims. mine are 72"x24"x36"tall. Yours has a larger footprint so you can have more stock.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Nice tank. I have a 220 myself. Nice Champ also. Will be picking up a 6-8" one this Sunday at the Swapmeet.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
gverde said:
Nice tank. I have a 220 myself. Nice Champ also. Will be picking up a 6-8" one this Sunday at the Swapmeet.
I looked for a champ for over a yr. and funny enough I found him on craigslist for $15. Fully colored and about 9" The guy was shutting his tank down and I ended up buying 6 males of him for $50.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Awesome tank. I'm jealous. I would love a tank that size. One day...when I have the space...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts