Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
7 Yellow labs, 1 Baenschi, 1 maylandi, 1 Hueseri. 1 Syno cat, not sure which yet, depends on availability.

Fully stocked now or room for anything else?

·
Registered
554 Posts
the catfish are rarely happy on their own.

Is this a 55? In that case, you're probably full.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah yeah its the 55.

I cant get Lucippinis, or garunteed pure multis so i'm thinking of getting Syno. Njassae. But they grow to 7" so i'm concerned about adding more than 1.

·
Registered
554 Posts
It will survive, that's pretty certain, but it will probably just hide all the time. I'm having a similar problem, I'm looking for a smallish, readily available catfish that can happily live on its own or with a single partner to munch fry. I don't want to never see it, that seems a bit pointless - especially considering the price African rift lake catfishes go for :eek:

Some people have had luck with chinese catfishes, but I don't even know where to begin looking.

·
Super Moderator
40,704 Posts
mok3t said:
Syno. Njassae. But they grow to 7" so i'm concerned about adding more than 1.
I thought this one was pretty hard to get? Figure 7.5" at maturity, but this one is naturally nocturnal and territorial so it may prefer not to be in a group.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When i asked my contact about Lucippinis he scoffed and said "You'll be lucky, why dont you get a njassae instead? Thats FROM malawi and i can get those.."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts