Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I am done messing with it for now here's what I came up with some were from a previous tank. Thoughts?

6 Acei m/f ratio unknown (to small)
4 Rustys m/f ratio unknown
4 labs 3 female 1 male
1 demasoni male
1 peacock male I think

Still may add some more Dems at some point not sure yet.

Night shot

One more

Any thought if I should add 11 or so more Dems or just leave it for now, one concern I have is if the guy that's in there would kill any I add?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Can't answer your stocking question, but wanted to say I love your tank! Very nice natural looking setup!

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I always heard dems like to be in groups of 12 or more, but cant vouch for it personally. Nice tank. Standard 110? Doesn't look like a tall.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
60LX24HX18W If I added 11 that would give me 12.

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Still room for more Dems if you wanted more. I haven't kept them but from what I've read, you need to pull males before they get killed, so anyone getting picked on constantly, or hiding behind heaters/intakes need to be removed. Also, add more than 12 as you'll be removing. Someone with experience should chime in.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I really like your setup. :thumb: As far as the Dems go I agree wtih GTZ that you might want to add more than 11 since you will most likely have to remove some.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks and yes I know I could add more, just not sure I want to.. Pretty happy with the stock I have now. It's just tempting to add more fish. With my work schedule I could home to a tank full of dead Dems. :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.