Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello people.

Short story first...

I just took this fish from my friend. its a red severum and it was being tortured by a couple of large mated dempseys. I know that my friend doesn't keep his the tank the cleanest in the world....to say the least. anyways he thought it was going to die so he gave it to me cuz its a cool fish.

I have him in a 135gallon with a 65 or 70 gallon sump. he has some blisters on his fins, i have seen things like it but on a much smaller scale since my fish generaly had small ones from i believe wounds on their fins.

anyways here's the pic and does anyone know if i need to be useing something or just keep my water clean and they get better....

My dempseys are nice!!! I trained them to be.....

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
I think clean water with nicer tankmates will do the trick, although some Melafix may help him heal up quicker.

Watch for signs of ich, or other cottony growths, and check your other fish over carefully to make sure there's no disease transmission.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alrighty, thanks, i already doing the melafix thing. i think its funny when my oscar throws a coughing fit as its poured in the tank :lol:

anyways this is my current plan. i just wanted to make sure its not some kind of known disease that will need some other treatment.

melafix gets spendy dosing an almost 200 gallon tank :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts