Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
currently have 2-75 gal tks, tank one with 9 mbuna and a synondontis, tank two with 6 acei 5 red tail loach 2 jewels and 1 firemouth(jewels and firemouth probably dont belong but that is another story)recently purchased tank three a 125 gal, inhabitants undecided(leaning toward either a peacock or a frontosa set up). tank 1 is being filtered by a fx5, tank 2 has a cascade 1000 and an undergravel filter with powerheads. tank 3 came with 2 marineland 400s and i have a spare fluval 405 currently not in use. recomendations on which filters which tank. sorry for long post. thank you

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
If the first two are working the way you want them, I would leave them alone. For the new tank 2 400"s with a canister should work well. The less tanks are moving and changed the less likely to be a major disruption. As fish grow and change ,you may find your tanks and filtering need to change but that is future worry.

Nothing I hate more than short posts for the sake of being short and they don't give enough info to know what they want. The days of short meaningless posts should have died when CPU's got more memory.

·
Registered
656 Posts
You have some different options, but the one I like is to put the fx5 and one 400 on the 125g and put the 405 and one 400 on the 75g

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I use an fx5 with a spray bar on my 125 and that's it. So if you put the fx5 on the 125 you have all your other filters for the 75s.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts