Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 60 gallon cube tank, 24x24x24, that I plan on using to raise lamprichthys fry. I was planning to use a eheim pro II 2028 but I was thinking this would be too much flow for the tank. My other option would be 2 large sponge filters. What would you filter this tank with, the eheim or the 2 sponge filters? Let me know what you all think.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I'd say the sponges. I'd be interested to hear how you bred them also, (assuming you did). Mine are about adult zebra danio size and have no problem swimming against the outflow of a tetratec 1200, but fry would be a different story

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mr Mbuna said:
I'd say the sponges. I'd be interested to hear how you bred them also, (assuming you did). Mine are about adult zebra danio size and have no problem swimming against the outflow of a tetratec 1200, but fry would be a different story
I feed them live brine shrimp and live daphnia once a week and they lay eggs every day. Thanks to goldoccie21, I was able to collect some eggs for the first time gluing a vertical biowheel onto a tupperware container. The kilifish lay eggs in the biowheel and the eggs fall into the container. The eggs are in a net breeder in the main tank.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Thanks for the reply but any chance of a pic? I've not heard of a bio wheel before.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I use the biowheel from a marineland emperor filter and glue one end of the biowheel to the tupperware container so that the folds of the biowheel run vertically. The killies lay their eggs into the folds of the biowheel and the eggs either fall onto the bottom of the biowheel or on the tupperware container.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts