Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had the worst luck with used tanks. Traded my saltwater tank for 125g aquarium, sold that to one of my friends since it was a little too long for my spot. I picked up a 90 gallon drilled sold as is. It was raining when I picked it up so I didn't get a chance to really look at it. Got it home and its pretty scratched up and has a chip in the corner. I wound up finding a good deal on a 75g drilled tank, stand canopy and wetdry. I plan on making it a tang tank. I was going to add a second filter. I have an ehiem 2217 I could add along with it, I could also throw a fx5 instead.

Just wondering if the the fx5 on top of the wet dry sump would be way over kill?

·
Registered
216 Posts
As long as your fish are comfortable with the current from the filter, there's no such thing as overkill. I love "overkill" because I love clean tanks :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Filet O Fish said:
As long as your fish are comfortable with the current from the filter, there's no such thing as overkill. I love "overkill" because I love clean tanks :)
Thats what I figured. I have the eheim 2217 now, I'd have to buy the fx5. Thats why I was trying to figure out if it was worth it to get the fx5 or would the wetdry w/ 4.5g of bioballs and 2217 be fine.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I imagine the sump and 2217 will be enough. You can always get a bigger pump for the sump (assuming your plumbing can handle the water flow. How many drains does it have?) and move more water through the filter. The 2217 alone would probably handle that tank with a medium bioload. I wouldn't blow the money on an FX5 just to add it on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts