Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i have a 41gal tank. Lately it has become very dirty even though it has cycled and i am wondering about the filtration. I currently have two crystal clear 380 liters any help would be appreciated
thanks

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The filters are 2 crystal clear 380 liters per hour. And i mean dirty by it is very discolored i cant see my fish when they swim to the back of the tank

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
brodes7 said:
The filters are 2 crystal clear 380 liters per hour. And i mean dirty by it is very discolored i cant see my fish when they swim to the back of the tank
Sorry didn't realize the crystal clears meant filters. Anyway is the water cloudy or a white haze? Have you tested your water parameters such as ph, ammonia and nitrite? How often are you doing water changes and how much?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the water is brown haze and i haven't tested the water parameters but i do add ammo-lock which detoxify that. I have been doing water changes weekly with about a 30% change.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
brodes7 said:
the water is brown haze and i haven't tested the water parameters but i do add ammo-lock which detoxify that. I have been doing water changes weekly with about a 30% change.
If you haven't tested the water why are you adding ammo-lock? Adding chemicals in the tank should be a last resort until you figure out what's wrong.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok well it dosnt matter any more i woke last night to my fish jumping and splashing so i got up and they were lying on the bottom dying so i took them out and put them into a bucket.My favorite fish in there isnt a cichlid he is a 20cm silver perch and now he is sick :( :( :x

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
brodes7 said:
ok well it dosnt matter any more i woke last night to my fish jumping and splashing so i got up and they were lying on the bottom dying so i took them out and put them into a bucket.My favorite fish in there isnt a cichlid he is a 20cm silver perch and now he is sick :( :( :x
Well its obvious something is up with your water. Did you cycle the tank completely before adding fish? And are you able to get your hands on a test kit to check your water parameters? And if fish are sick and dying I would suggest doing frequent water changes. Do you use a decholinator like Prime etc when doing water changes?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well i moved them to another tank and emptied the tank they were in and i live on a farm and use tank water so there is no chemicals at all. I am starting the tank all over again :( :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts