Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well plans fell through and I won't be able to fit a 6" tank in the space I was planning, due to our new living room set being bigger than I thought. So I'm planning on getting a 75 or 90 gallon tank and moving my stock over.
10-12 cyprichromis
5-6 petricola
4 gold head comp may only keep a pair
2-3 occies
I may do maybe one other type of rock dweller either caudopunk or move my julies out of the multie

I have a sunsun 303 and aqua clear 70. I loved my sunsun in the past but I feel like this last batch I received are horrible at gph I know its no where close to stated but this one is bad.

Anyway I was looking at doing an fx4 on this tank. Would that be enough or should I run it along side with my aquaclear 70?
Another problem I find with the sun sun filter is they eat up alot more power the the same size name brands.
I know more filtration is better and redundancy, I just don't want to waste electricity if I don't have too.
FX4 700gph Thats about 9times and hour without media.
AC 70 300gph
Thats 1000gph Thats a Little over 13 times an hour before media

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have an FX4 and it's great for my 75 but the price difference between the FX4 and FX6 is small enough that I should have just gotten the FX6.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Question is does your tank cabinet have space for the FX6? My old 100gal tank cabinet wouldn't have been suitable.
I'm an Eheim fan boy anyway so would go for a 2080. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts