Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Actually, everything in the tank was for about 12 hrs yesterday without my knowledge. The details are painful and besides the point. I realize that the cycling process is starting over but I need help on how best to proceed after this unfortunate accident.
Tank specs:
80gal
2 Emperor 280's, and a Marine Land C-360
There are 10 small cichlids in it right now
temp 79degrees

Is there anything I can do to improve the chances of the fish as they go through the cycle process again? Water changes? Feeding schedule? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I dont think you lost all of your bacteria. Most of it should still be alive. Unless the filters dried out. Keep an eye out on the water parameters, and do water changes if you see a problem. Other tahn that you should be fine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know if they dried or not. I flipped the switch as soon as I saw they were off. Should I cut down on the feeding?

·
Registered
530 Posts
I would just keep an eye on the parameters and only change anything if it becomes necessary. You may be in the clear.

There is no way that the c-360 dried out... My guess is that you still have plenty enough bacteria left to maintain.

·
Registered
146 Posts
With all the storms in Michigan the last few weeks I had lost power for 18 hours.

Basically the fish got a no food the entire time. My wet/dry filter is what I was worried about but when the power returned I kept a close eye on everything and did not lose a single fish. I think you will be fine. My 125 had only been set up for 5 months

1 - 6 of 6 Posts