Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im pickin up a 75 gallon this week and just woundering wat hob filter/s i should use i have a tetra 60 on my 40gallon and i am very happy wit it i was thinkin about 2 of these and im also goin wit ugj system wit 2 powerheads with filters on them any susgestions ??

G

·
I have a penguin 200 on my 40 The 300 is up to 70 gallons so you could put two 200 on your tank
Unless you specifically want to keep the tetra 60.

·
Registered
192 Posts
guess it depends really on your stock and desired effect. I have 2xAC110s on a 75gl probably over-kill but I like the movement they create. Housing 2 Jack Ds and Convict..never had a problem with parameters once the tank was cycled. I am a fan of Aqua Clear HOBs over the rest because the variables you can create with the media. Your list seems adequate but again depends on what you plan to keep in the tank.

·
Registered
291 Posts
On my 75 I have a single Fluval 205 canister and three pwerheads. I love that my tank is SILENT now and I have wonderful water movement.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will be going wit assorted africans the tank will have lots of rock work 150 plus pounds of rock and black slicia sand

·
Registered
291 Posts
Ill say it again lol

After going canister, you'll never look back. No more water splashing sound when the water line gets a tad low. Easy cleaning and maint.

They're more expensive at first but well worth it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the loudness of my tank doesnt bother me in the least bit so it doesnt have to be quite and at this moment in time i would prefer not to have to deal wit the hassel tryin to hook up the canister filter

·
Registered
291 Posts
So worth it but it's your call.

I'd get an aquaclear if I ever had to use a HOB. They push a lot of water and have good media options.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
AquaClear, AquaClear, AquaClear. The are the most effecticve and like Totalimmortal363 said they have good media options. Plus they do not constantly nickel and dime you.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Totalimmortal363 said:
Ill say it again lol

After going canister, you'll never look back. No more water splashing sound when the water line gets a tad low. Easy cleaning and maint.

They're more expensive at first but well worth it.
Exactly once you have a canister filter you wont want to go back. They clean the water so much better as well. On my 75GL i have a Rena XP3 and my water is always clear.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts