Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help me please!!!!! I plan on getting a 125g 72x24x30 tank with Fronts and a few Calvus. What type/kind of filter(s) should I get? Should I install UGJ?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will only have a small amout of clearance to fit these filters. Should I try a wet/dry filter if these won't fit?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Are you referring to clearance in the back of the tank between the wall and tank? or the bottom of the tank between the floor and tank bottom?

You only need 1" for the hoses in the back of the tank. If you're thinking about a sump under the tank, that actually might have a larger footprint than two 2217's.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Just measured my 2217 at work. 15" to the canister top (you're good there). 19-20" including the outflow tube. Now if you can angle the flexible tubes towards the back of the tank (space between wall and tank), I'm sure you'll be fine with this clearance issue.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool! Thanks. I currently have a Japanese canister on my 55gal and it seems to work pretty good. But man the maintenance on it is a pain and the directions are all in japanese. Which makes things way harder than they should be.

·
Registered
50 Posts
rodriguez_4 said:
I plan on getting a 125g 72x24x30
That's not a 125 - that's a 210. A 125 is 72x18x24. Two totally different animals in regards to filtration

If you are buying a tank that is 210 gallons - go with a wet/dry and large canister filters (eheim 2260/2262 or fx5). I use this set-up on my 180 (72x24x24)and my maintenance is so easy - just rinse out the pre-filter on the wet/dry when doing a water change and rinse the media (with tank water) on the 2262 every 3 months or so.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah i had my measurements wrong. It is a 72x18x24. My wife would lose her mind If I brought home something like that. Sure would be awesome and the look on her face would be priceless. :eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts