Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a mature mixed gender tank of star sapphire, Taiwan reef, and auloncara baenschi. The auloncara baenschi with 1 male and 2 females are my oldest group and for whatever reason I think I am about to lose the male. Will the 2 female be fine without replacing the male or would they get stressed? I have some of their fry I want to bring in to this tank but they won't be big enough for a few more months

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a mature mixed gender tank of star sapphire, Taiwan reef, and auloncara baenschi. The auloncara baenschi with 1 male and 2 females are my oldest group and for whatever reason I think I am about to lose the male. Will the 2 female be fine without replacing the male or would they get stressed? I have some of their fry I want to bring in to this tank but they won't be big enough for a few more months
Add the baenschi male if you are into breeding, otherwise makes no difference if you let things stay as they are.

·
Administrator
41,505 Posts
Just don't save fry from the baenschi females in the future because the other males will spawn with her.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts