Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I'm kind of new to this. Anyway. One of my females is chasing my male or follows him around everywhere. She is smaller than he is and looks chubbier than the other cichlids in the tank. I have two males and one other female in my 55g. Would any of you know what that action may be?

·
Registered
9,070 Posts
Are you really that sure about the sexing? And do you mean Aulonocara, or those cross genera created "Peacocks"?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The lady who got them for me at the pet store, who is specialized in aquatics, sexed them for me. And they are hybrids.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any chance you could show us a picture to confirm? Depending on the pet store, I would be hesitant to take en employees word for the gender of a fish because it can be very difficult to determine even for "experts" depending on the age of the fish and the specific species. If it's a specialty fish breeder then I would be more inclined to take their word for it, but if we are talking about a "chain" store I wouldn't trust much.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.