Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,697 Posts
Those are some great pictures! And from what I can see, your aquarium is set up very nicely. 8)
-
First picture, the longer, more narrow body shape captured in the photo was contrary to the other evidence. However... the other pictures support the evidence of those vibrant facial markings, and the visibly big gaps in the spangling iridescence on the flanks.
I'd say she's a very good-looking Jack Dempsey. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! Maybe females are a bit less aggressive than males so maybe thats why she works so well with my other fishes. She's in the tank with four Firemouths, three Steindachneri and two Convict cichlids ( and their 15 or so fry hehe)

·
Premium Member
4,697 Posts
Doubtful about the less aggressive female thing.... Males AND females of this species can sometimes be some real thugs in community tanks. It seems (at least for now) you just have a more easy-going Jack Dempsey. :wink:
- How big is this tank you have everyone in?
- How long have you had it set up and running, with everyone in it?
I'd be a bit more worried about that spawning paIr of Convicts. Depending on the size of the aquarium, those Convicts could bring down some real pain on all of the other Cichlid residents in that tank. Looks like everyone is working pretty good at taking care of all the Convict fry in there though.

·
Registered
35 Posts
From a glance it looks female to me. Beautiful healthy fish. Nice dark colors on this one.
Clearly well cared for and loved!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts