Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found my female OB peacock today holding eggs, there was also couple eggs laying on the bottom of tank. Big question to me is, theres no male in the tank at all. Just another female ob peacock on the other side of the divider holding eggs also.
How did this happen??? Will she lay eggs and hold unfertilized eggs? The eggs I found on the bottom of the tank are a nice yellowish color, I thought those were "good" eggs?
thanks

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have seen a pair of two female fish in my tank 'spawn', and one or both will drop eggs. she should swallow the eggs within a few days. i'm not sure why there would be any left on the ground, maybe she produced more then she could fit in her mouth? all you need now is a boy to fertilize!!!

:thumb:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is there a color difference in fertilized and unfertilized eggs? She has a huge mouthful now! I put my male ob peacock with her now, if they don't do anything, does that mean they are fertilized already? She was in my community tank with all males 4 days ago, but when I took her out she didn't seem to have anything in her mouth at the time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts