Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a female cichlid, not sure what type, she is tangerine colour so poses a mix of some kind.
My question is, she was definitely holding as under her chin was large and showing signs of black, so I managed to catch her, after moving rocks and part emptying the tank, and put her in a floating plastic rearing box, still in the main rptank.
She now has lost the black shade from her chin, but it is still quite big, so is she still holding or would she have spit the fry out in the tank as I was trying to catch her. Many thanks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your reply. There are only slits in the sides of the box, not holes, so other fish couldn't get to the fry when they are born. Is it possible that she would eat the fry, if so I can put the false bottom in so the fry can escape through the tiny slits. It's not very big at all, but would it be ok until she has the fry? Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.