Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
MalawiLover said:
Females will only develope blue if they have been hormoned.
True, in that they will only develop the deep blue. Some females will have a "bluish" sheen to them, particularly under a flash. They will never appear to be the deep blue of the males.

·
Registered
5,035 Posts
Strange, in all my fryeri, I've never seen a female with blue. I've only raised a few hundred, but I would figure I would have seen some.

They do look like females though. I've just never seen one with a tint of blue in the face before.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
copasetic said:
whats with all the blood worm fans lately? Blood worms are not a good food for malawi's try feeding them a quality cichlid food from your lfs.
i was just trying what i had, they didnt seem too crazy about the cichlid flakes so i threw in some bloodworms to see if i could get them eating. Where did i say i was a fan of bloodworms??

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
Fishyfan said:
thanks for the help

btw, are females usually aggressive towards each other? One of them is chasing the other all around a 40 breeder :-?
Yes, females can be aggressive towards each other. I usually keep this fish in a 6ft long tank, as their aggression can often be a problem in smaller tanks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.