Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Female Festae or Midas?
Festae1453.85%
Midas1246.15%

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am in between a Female Festae or a Midas for my standard 4' 90 gallon. If you vote could you leave a message on why you voted the way you did.

Both have their pros and cons but i was curious of others opinions.
These are what I look at: 1.Personality 2. Color 3.Possible Tankmates.

And if you have pics of your own feel free to post.

Thanks!!! :thumb:

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
Midas, because I'm biased and they're my favorite ;) Awesome personalities, very interactive, and very much a monster, something I look for, lol. No tankmates if you go that route though.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
I voted for the red terror .... cuase well I'm south american biased!!! :lol:

plus the color is amazing, most marine fish can't even rivial a female festae.

·
Registered
829 Posts
dwarfpike said:
I voted for the red terror .... cuase well I'm south american biased!!! :lol:

plus the color is amazing, most marine fish can't even rivial a female festae.
What he said ^. A good female festae's colors are truly awesome. :thumb:

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Male Midas definitely for me, IMO Midas are one of the top 5 favorite cichlids out there. and IMHO a Male midas with a nice large hump is more impressive then a female festae.

·
Registered
869 Posts
IMO you could have problems with finding tankmates for either. I really like my female RD and sometime down the road when I can get another large tank would love a large male Midas. The ones I have known were very interactive, and look great.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wowsers. Thanks for the replies guys. We are tied right now. I was watching some youtube videos last night and the Midas has so much more personality. Right now Im leaning towards Midas.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I broke the tie. I vote for a big male Midas too. They are big babies. I have several tanks in the same room. When my Midas sees me giving attention to the other fish he gets so jealous. He swims up and down splashing water until I come and pet his hump. My GT watches me pet my Midas, maybe he will get to be that tame too. Anyway, if all else fails you could a Midas and a Festae :lol: Good luck with what ever you get they are both awesome fish.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
and IMHO a Male midas with a nice large hump is more impressive then a female festae.
I think I might be crazy, cause I seem to be the only one that finds those nuchal humps fugly!!! :lol:

Probably why I prefer pikes and eartheaters over midas and frontosas. :p

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have a poll on another forum, while this forum is still tied 6-6. the other forum is 16-12, Festae in the lead. This is gonna be a hard decision in the end, i can tell already.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Real hard choice, my midas is great, but i really wish i had a Festae...

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
dwarfpike said:
and IMHO a Male midas with a nice large hump is more impressive then a female festae.
I think I might be crazy, cause I seem to be the only one that finds those nuchal humps fugly!!! :lol:

Probably why I prefer pikes and eartheaters over midas and frontosas. :p
no problem man, everyone has there own opinions.

i see more festae then Midas where i live.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Interesting how some fish are popular in some places and not others. I wish my area was like yours though... I'd really like to see a festae in one of my lfs's every now and then.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts