Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just setup a new 75 gal Mbuna tank and have 10 demasoni (1") and 6 snow white socolofi (1"). I will be adding more demasoni and either yellow labs or acei plus a couple syndontis eupterus. I have a 3" female auratus in another tank that I'd like to move into the new mbuna tank but am unsure about this due to the size of the current occupants and the fact that the auratus can be hyper aggressive. The auratus is currently in a 40 long with 2 purple spotted goby but I'd like to get her out of there, so I can put my pictus back in the 40. Would putting the auratus in with the others be detrimental to their health? I'm open to any feedback you have to offer.

·
Super Moderator
40,680 Posts
Hard to tell...try it but be prepared to take her back out. I'd skip the eupterus and go with Synodontis lucipinnis or multipunctatus instead.

·
Premium Member
6,048 Posts
I think it's best to wait till your 75 fish hit that 1.5" mark. If you do add the Auratus, and she claims a territory, I'd remove her from the 75 entirely.

I had Dems in a 75. I pushed 4 species. It was cramped. 3 would be ideal. Likely your yellow lab thoughts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.