Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The females are fighting i have 4 fish in a thirty gallon breeder 3 females(WC)
and one male(WC)...

Wtf is going on one is beat up pretty good and i just put my last female back in that tank that was holding fry. So i just got home from work and the 2 look like **** i put a divider in the tank so the females are away from the male but the females are chaseing each other around so i was wondering what the deal was is this unusual.

· Registered
5,533 Posts
fighting for pecking order. it is not unusual. doesn't always get that rough, but sometimes it can.

doesn't matter whether they are so called "peaceful" species, all Malawi cichlids can have battles for pecking order.

· Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
welll i vented them and the all have held eggs at least once and 2 have produced fry im very positive and for there size if they were male they would be showing a little color by now. and yes this species takes a very long time before the male is fully colored but it is well worth the wait.

· Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well i was told put guppys in the fry tanks cause they are live bearers and there fry will e small enought for the mozambique fry to eat causeing them to grow faster. i was thinking about doing the same thing in the breeding tanks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.