Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I now have eight White Labs and eight Salousi. At feeding Spectrum pellets the Salousi are out and eating as they drop. The White Lab hang out in caves/rocks and don't seem to be out as much. Can I assume they are getting pellets off the sand? Just like to know they're getting something. New to Cihlids and feeding pellets in general. Only had them for less than week. The tank is a 55 gallon. Water chemistry is fine.These are all unsexed juveniles. Thanks.

·
Registered
449 Posts
They will come out and eat when they get hungry enough; they can go for quite a wile with out eating at all.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Something about Spectrum that fish seem to take getting used to. I've recently switched and it took weeks before some fish would eat it. Now they are ravenous wolves for the stuff. However the Comps absolutely refuse it still, so they get frozen foods. I've found that if most fish in the tank are eating then everyone else tends to get the idea in short order.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Halfcopy said:
Something about Spectrum that fish seem to take getting used to. I've recently switched and it took weeks before some fish would eat it. Now they are ravenous wolves for the stuff. However the Comps absolutely refuse it still, so they get frozen foods. I've found that if most fish in the tank are eating then everyone else tends to get the idea in short order.
I've have the same quandary with a few of my fish, so I use two foods as well. I did not force the issue with Spectrum. The fish that love it gobble it up. While the fish that love that other thing, get that.

·
Super Moderator
40,504 Posts
See how they do after a month when they feel comfortable in the tank. I feed NLS exclusively and have for many years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts