Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may have been a mistake on my part when stocking my 60 gallon aquarium, but I currently have 12 Malawi Cichlids, (3) Blue Orchid Peacocks, (3) Midnight Peacocks, (3) Dragon Blood Peacocks, and (3) All Red Kyoga Haps. It's been a few months now and they all seem to be getting along reasonably well so far, but they are also all juveniles so they have plenty of space/hiding spots in the tank and aren't getting too territorial yet. What I didn't think about for the first few weeks however was the fact that my peacocks are primarily carnivores and the haps are herbivores. I want to feed my peacocks a protein heavy diet, but if the haps eat too much protein they could develop health issues like swim bladder. Does anyone else have experience with a tank mixed with both herbivores and carnivores? What do you feed them to keep them healthy without risking the herbivores getting too much protein or the carnivores not getting enough? Am I overthinking this?

·
Super Moderator
40,487 Posts
I do not feed a protein rich diet. All my tanks get NLS Cichlid Formula 1mm sinking pellets with 34% protein.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts