Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a mix of 5 fish, 1red zebra, 1albino red zebra(i think), 1 Eureka Peacock, 1 Ice Blue Zebra, and 1 red top Zebra. Looking through the profiles I realized that there diets range from herbivore, to omnivore, to carnivore. Can I feed them a general Cichlid food? Will it satisfy all of their dietary needs? Currently I feed them Hikari Gold and Omega 3 flake (ussually alternate). I've read some feeding articles but am still left wondering about this,

·
Registered
6,748 Posts
NLS will do fine for all. But kind of concerned about your tank size given you only are trying 5 fish generaly best kept in 55g + tank with at least 12 cichilids.

All the best James

·
Registered
52 Posts
a high quality food such as NLS is well rounded enough for all your fishes different nutritional needs.

im not sure of hikari gold ingredients but i know omega 3 is not good.

i use nls cichlid formula and ocean nutrition spirulina flakes. i just feed the flakes mainly to give them something different.

·
Registered
226 Posts
looking at your list IMHO food is food watch you fish as they grow if you want to vary the diet fine. omega 3 is for salt as well fresh water fish hummmm . some people feed cat food read and compair ingreadance*

·
Super Moderator
40,491 Posts
24Tropheus said:
NLS will do fine for all. But kind of concerned about your tank size given you only are trying 5 fish generaly best kept in 55g + tank with at least 12 cichilids.
+ 1 :thumb:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What is NLS? My tank is a pentagon and is 44 gallons. I know its probably not the best for Cichlid keeping but so far I've had no aggression issues and all the fish seem content. I'll try to get a picture up soon.

·
Super Moderator
40,491 Posts
New Life Spectrum Cichlid Formula.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts