Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just did the big switch from Mbuna to the Peacocks =D> Now do peacocks eat Zuccini? Lettuce the some green treats as the Zebra's? And yes I am enjoying the Peacocks a lot less fighting I had to remove and downsize alot of my rock work since Peacocks need more swimming room but it is all good. Still have not found how to add pixs or I would like to show my new additions on here sorry :-?

·
Super Moderator
40,499 Posts
Peacocks are carnivores and although mine do nibble my plants, they may not be as big a fan of vegetables like zucchini as your mbuna.

To post pics:

1. Sign up for a free account with a web sites like www.photobucket.com.

2. Upload the pictures from your PC to that online site. Pictures will be stored on their server and then accessible anywhere on the WWW.

3. After the upload is complete, copy the img link under the picture.

4. On this forum, paste the img link into your post.

5. THEN, before you SUBMIT your post, be sure to PREVIEW it first. You should see the image. If not, double check your img code.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Mine have taken readily to high quality floating pellet (hikari cichlid excel) and some high quality sinking spirulina wafers. I have a tank with aulonocaras, haps, an acei and pundamillia so I am going with a more heavily veggie-weighted diet to be safe.

The peacocks go sand sifting once feeding is done and seem to augment with that. Every once in awhile I'll give them some brine shrimp (freeze dried) and the fish go nuts.

I have plants in my tank and they leave them alone unless they're looking for food in the sand

G

·
if you feed them a good quality flake or pellet they will be fine.. nls for example is formulated for herbivorous and carnivorous cichlids.. i actually have a mix of a bunch flakes mixed together that i feed my peacocks and haps veggie flakes, spirulina flakes, color flakes, brine shrimp flakes, and african cichlid flakes.. along with nls 1mm pellets...and then i have a veggie and spirulina flake mix that i feed the fish that are more prone to bloat along with the nls and i havent had any problems since.. you really dont wanna feed your peacocks TOO much protein either as they are also prone to bloat (learned that the hard way) and the mbuna tank at my friends house we feed them just the veggie/spirulina flake mix as well and they are happy as clams.. oh and i also suppliment once in a blue with frozen glass worms (mosquito larvae) and frozen brine shrimp with spirulina and also dried algae they destroy and chase each other around for 1 will put the whole piece in its mouth and take off. its pretty amusing to watch

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok wow I took u guys advice and went out and got the brine shrimp cu,bes ,nls 1MM PELLETS, spirulina pelles, and some cichlid sticks color enhancer. So I will see how these do for a while and will just have to use the zuccini and cucumbers in my salad I guess :lol: Thanks for the replys. =D>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts